Useful copy in the real world
I saw this sign during a recent trip to Midtown Global Market.
I liked it for the following reasons:
- It clearly communicated that there was still a play area but it had been moved.
- It helped me understand where I was in the market (northeast) and where I would need to go (southwest).
- The graphic gave me additional information (rather than acting as unnecessary decoration) and reinforced which direction I should go to find the play area.
- The design isn't any fancier than it needs to be. It's clear, simple, and readable from a distance.
There are only two improvements I could offer:
- Use sentence case to improve the readability.
- Change relocated to moved. Same message, only simpler.
Nice job, Midtown.